Saturday, July 31, 2010


This is a bed doll. This is a Elinor Peace Baily doll pattern. She measures 36 inches. I made this doll years ago.

Goth doll

I made this doll long ago. It has been sold. I really liked making her, I need to make more like her.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

New Fairy Doll

My new doll measures 33.5 inches not including her antennae. Hand dyed cotton, hand beaded flowers on felt, hand painted face, hand stitched hair. Free motion stitched wings. I used Elinor Peace Baily's Monique patternto make my Fairy doll.

Thursday, February 19, 2009

So Oldddddd.......

This blog needs something new. I'm working on a doll. Elinor Peace Baily's Monique doll pattern. She is not another Monique this will be a fairy of sorts. She badly needs working on so when I get caught up I will get back on her and others I started but havent finished. I leave you with a collaged postcard I made using the image of my Forest fairy doll I made, such a serene photo.

She is such a sweetie.

Friday, February 29, 2008

Lacey Wings

This is my directions on how I made my lacey wings for the Dark Fairy. Supplies I use:
paper, pencil and pen
black organza
watersoluable stabilizer, 2 different weights
sewing machine
embossing gun

using paper and pencil I hand drew a picture on how I want the wings to look. I place the lighter weight stabilizer on top of my drawing and trace it with a black pen. Sandwich: heavy stabilizer, organza and lightweight stabilizer. Stitch around the design or stitch the block edge.

now you want to stitch the outlines of your wings several times.

Normaly when I do freemotion stitching I take my foot off and just use the shank but on these wings I used forward and my back button. I did a crisscross in each section I outlined, back and forth then did a straight stitch to try to catch all the stitches.

now to cut away the excess around the edges and soak in cold/warm water to disolve the stabilizer. Make sure all of the stabilizer is gone, run under water and squish around with your fingers to get rid of all the gumminess.

I stitched pipecleaners on the top and bottom edge of the wings for posing. then I heat distressed using my embossing gun.

I cut off the extra pipecleaner and this what the wings look like on my doll.

Dark Fairy

I wanted to make a dark fairy and this is all I could come up with.

New doll

I made this new doll, her face is redone.